Thursday, 24 January 2008

Bad Blood Flows at Last!

This is it!

The first issue of my run on AAM/Markosia's Starship Troopers ongoing series hit the shelves today. To be honest, I'm almost at a loss for words. Almost.

This is the end of a long road for me, and (hopefully) the beginning of another. As of this moment, my money has been very firmly placed where my mouth is. A lot of people have said a lot of very cool things about me in the last few months. For the most part, I've tried to take all that in stride and not let it get into my head - but now I'm squarely in the position of having to live up to it.

It's a weird sensation, now that the book is actually out there, but I'm absolutely loving it.

So, thanks to Harry Markos and Tony Lee for giving me a chance, and to Paul Green and Tom Mauer for making it all look so fucking gorgeous. For those who take a chance on the book, I hope you enjoy the ride.

4 comments:

  1. Cy, you look to be victorious in your latest "campaign". I for one will be buying tickets on your new rocketship. Kill em all, I say! 8^)

    Darell "BuShips" Phillips

    ReplyDelete
  2. BuShips, mate. Great to see you here!

    I'm not around the Mongoose forum as much as I ought to be these days. It's good to see that the community's remained active while we all wait for SSTv2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My triumph, let me show you it!!"

    PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff, mate. It's good to see that you have achieved one of your life goals :)

    Congratulations !!!

    A public holiday here tomorrow (in leiu of Australia Day falling on a weekend)....that means I'll have to wait an extra day for the postman to deliver my copy...GRrrrrr!

    G'Day BuShips......long time no see :)

    ReplyDelete

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html