Sunday, 16 March 2008

Threat or Promise?

So, in a move that throws my entire life's trajectory into a neck-breaking swerve, I've officially become a "team player."

Certainly not something I would have expected, probably not something I would have actively sought out and unquestionably something I'm glad to have experienced. For the first time ever, I'm co-writing a comic with not one, but two other writers.

With Starship Troopers: Bad Blood reaching its climax in issue#8, the series will be forging ahead with a two-part story entitled Triple Threat. What's unusual about this arc is that it actually consists of three separate-but-linked stories, featuring three independent sets of characters. The Vandals will be there, of course, doing their thing. However, on this occasion they'll be accompanied by Tanner's Tigers (the unit from Tony Lee's run on the series, and written by the man himself) and a super-secret third party codenamed the Reaper Cell (whose story will be written by Christian Beranek, of Se7en and Dracula vs. King Arthur fame).

So far, I've been impressed by how comfortable the collaboration has been. It should make for a frantic and exciting story. I got to plot the whole thing out, which was a lot of fun in itself, but the actual collaborative development and fleshing out of the story between the three writers has been a fascinating experience. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Did I mention that each story gets its own artist too?

So then, for these two issues at least, I'm a full-on, co-operative, socially adjusted, productive member of the creative/artistic community.

After that, though, you kids better stay the Hell off my lawn!

In non-Troopers news, I've been looking over the now-coloured artwork for a soon-to-be-announced graphic novel I'm working on for another publisher. Infuriatingly, that's about all I can say about that at the moment, but it's something I'm really excited about and the pages I've seen over the last week or so have been phenomenal.

More news on that soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html