Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Phantom Fandom


Bit of an odd one, this.

I've received my first piece of what I guess could be termed "fan art". It's a bit of a cheat, since it comes from my girlfriend and frequent collaborator, Nic Wilkinson - but I got a major kick out of it anyway. It's always fascinating to me to see what artists come up with when they tackle one of my characters. Nic's take on Vanauken is instantly recognisable - but simultaneously manages to show a side of her that's never been seen before.

For those who don't already know, Nic was the artist on my Extinction Protocol strip for Mongoose Publishing. She went on to draw and letter my Remember This Moment story for Insomnia Publications' Layer Zero anthology, and most recently has been lettering Cancertown for me. She's all kinds of awesome.

Speaking of Insomnia, the Layer Zero trade paperback (which collects issues #1 and #2) has sold out within a month of release. Congratulations to Insomnia - now hard at work sorting out a second printing. It'll be available from branches of Waterstones, Forbidden Planet, independent comic shops, Diamond Previews (for the USA and Canada) and direct from Insomnia at the end of July 2008. Pre-orders can be made by emailing layerzero@insomniapublications.com.

1 comment:

  1. Yay - I am all kinds of awesome.

    I am also your biggest fan...because your awesome is also of many kinds.

    If I am a Phantom do I have the power of 10 tigers? As has been noted on this blog before I do have the requisite tiger hat.

    Perhaps I am just a menace...

    A TIGER MENACE!!!

    GRRRR

    ahem...

    ReplyDelete

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html