Friday, 29 August 2008

Hellbilly Blues

Once in a while, you get a king-sized dose of luck - one of those moments when the chaotic, conflicted principles of cause and effect lock into place around you and say, "there you go, son - this is to make up for the time that pissed-up goth kid puked down the back of your neck on the bus."

One such moment arrived for me when Scott James offered, more or less out of the blue, to illustrate The Case Files of Harlan Falk for the second Eleventh Hour anthology. If you flip back to the post I made on the 12th of August, you'll see the first of the character studies Scott drew for the story. Now, he's given me the okay to show you the second.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

HELLBILLY!
... and yes, I am grinning all over my face.

4 comments:

  1. That is a nice piece of work and from the couple of pieces we have seen, it bodes well for the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers.

    Yeah, I landed on my feet with this one. Scott's style is an excellent match for the tone of the story, and he's a great guy to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all sorts of blushun'!!!lol...Cy I'm just tryin' to make up for pukin' down the back of yer neck on the bus!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding.

    I particularly love his "Hell-Belly" and his 666 tattoos.

    ReplyDelete

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html