Tuesday, 19 August 2008

Thinking Ahead...


You know something, I don't think I've ever even been to Leeds. I went to Leeds Castle once, but apparently that doesn't count because it turns out it's actually in Kent.

So anyway, I'll be going to the real Leeds in November for the Thought Bubble Sequential Arts Festival. It sounds very grand, and I have to say I'm impressed with the Big Names (TM) they've got showing up this year.

Here's what the organisers have to say about the event:

Thought Bubble is a four day annual event which celebrates sequential art in all its forms, including everything from superheroes to independent small press. We are a non profit making organisation dedicated to promoting comics and graphic novels as an important cultural art form. Taking place at a variety of venues across the city, our aim is to cater to both long-time comic book fans and those who have never picked up a graphic novel before! Thought Bubble will take place 13 – 16 November 2008 as part of the 22nd Leeds International Film Festival.

Check out the website, because it's definitely worth a look - alert readers may notice a familiar name on the list of attending professionals.

3 comments:

  1. I've been to Leeds.

    For a University interview.

    Didn't get the grades, so went to UKC.

    Where I met you.

    So it's all part of the pattern, you see, YOU SEE!

    THESE PLACES DON'T MAKE YOU BETTER, THEY MAKE YOU WORSE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned more arsing around on the internet than I ever did at university.

    Unfortunately, most of what I've learned has been in the form of "I'm in ur [noun], [verb]ing ur [related noun]."

    ReplyDelete
  3. "alert readers may notice a familiar name on the list of attending professionals."

    ....(ignoring alphabetical order) Wow, and they've even put you right near the top of the list !!!

    ReplyDelete

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html