Friday, 12 September 2008

Reasons to be Fearful...

There are moments when it's truly great to be alive. Waking up early on a Saturday morning is a particular favourite of mine, as is the instant you recognise the very distinctive sound of an Amazon parcel dropping heavily through the letterbox. Hell, even getting through the last few sets of a particularly difficult workout gives me a couple of seconds of genuine joy.

You'd have to go a long way, however, to match the sensation of opening an innocent-looking email and having this test version of Paul Cartwright's cover to your first creator-owned graphic novel explode onto your screen.

Take a moment and look at this...

... now ask me why I love working in comics.

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MUM!

3 comments:

  1. That is a superb cover, Cy. The artwork is super crisp and really promises the reader a chilling experience.

    I know a little about this project and from that small bit of knowledge, it's my opinion that the Characters and creatures depicted suit well the kind of nightmarish images that I had drawn in my mind. Great work and congratulations !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. It's not what I expected, but it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had a read of the section of Cancertown you have on ebook linked on your blog here. Very cool, Cy, very cool. It looks fantastic and flows excellenlty. Fantastic work as always.

    ReplyDelete

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html