Wednesday, 3 December 2008

... But None The Wiser

Okay - I'm back, I'm rested and Holy Christing Fuck I'm old!

The fingertips of my left hand have turned to leather from playing Rock Band and, considering how smooth and flat the Stratocaster controller's frets are, I'm not even sure how that's possible. I was sceptical about the whole Rock Band / Guitar Hero phenomenon for a long time. I figured that the genre of timing-action games had peaked with Space Ace in the 80s (still my all-time favourite arcade game), and couldn't see the attraction. However, having actually played one of these games over at Ferret and Tet's place a few weeks back, I was instantly converted.

Had an outstanding haul of birthday loot this year. A lot of it was magic-related, and I might go through it in a separate post at some point. I'll spare you that for now.

Next order of business is the first issue of The Case Files of Harlan Falk, which I'm hoping to complete over the next few days. After that, I've been asked to write a short story for the upcoming Layer Zero anthology. The topic for this one is "Choices" and I already have a story in mind for it. While I'm thinking of it, check out this early version of the anthology's cover (contributed by Harlan Falk and Triple Threat artist, the mighty Scott James):
Cool, huh? Scott's work continues to impress me with every piece I see, and he's definitely one of my favourite artists to work with.

If you were to sneak over to the Insomnia blog right now, you might spot a small announcement tucked away in one of their recent posts. Yup, that's the new book I mentioned before my holiday started. I'll give this one its own post in the not-too-distant future, but for now I'll just say that The Ragged Man is a book that's very much reflective of the state of mind I was in when I developed it. The fact that it's been formally announced by a publisher (and is therefore "real") is both exhilarating and deeply disturbing to me. I'm waiting for final confirmation from the artist I've been speaking to about it - so when I know more, so will you.

That's it for the moment. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. Guess it is just time for The Ragged man to be out in the world. Looks like it will be getting a mention in a quilting magazine too. Never said the world wasn't bizzare.

    ReplyDelete

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html