Friday, 6 March 2009

Taking A Butcher's (Ugh)

Yep, weak puns based on Cockney Rhyming Slang - that's what the comics industry's been missing lately.

I've been holding this back for a couple of days, but I'll be damned if I'll let it sit unseen on my hard drive for another minute. Here's the latest piece of Slaughterman's Creed concept art sent to me by the increasingly awesome Stephen Downey. The man has barely had a second to take a breath since downing tools on Cancertown, and he's already nearing completion on the layouts for Creed issue #1. The guy's a machine!

Anyway, check this out:

Cool as fuck, right? But get this: this dead-eyed, blood-drenched, throat-slashing bastard is the story's good guy! Just wait until you see the villains...

6 comments:

  1. Yeah yeah, you're still at least four covers ahead of me on our respective Markosia projects Scott!! :D

    I'll have you a race to completion :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell you what I love about this image (and it was Nic who first made the comparison): it puts me in mind of the classic covers to some of the old "video nasties" from the 80's, like the wonderfully titled "3 on a Meathook".

    Since Creed is, in part, a sort of homage to the video nasty genre, I think you've really nailed the spirit of the book with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "3 on a meathook"

    What an awesome name for a movie.

    (and thanks for the compliments :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Stephen, we have such sights to show you :)

    I love the threat in the cover, you can almost taste the coppery blood spray.

    Let's send a review copy to the Daily Mail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's it, it tastes right. I've been trying to think what makes it so right and that's it. The only problem with these teases is they make me want to read them, and I don't do patience.

    ReplyDelete

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html