Friday, 5 June 2009

Cancerbury Tales

So, I'm off to Canterbury this weekend for a Cancertown signing at the home of the book's sponsor (and my own spiritual homeland), Whatever Comics. A large chunk of my family lives fairly near to the city, so it'll be a dual-purpose visit for me. In any case, it's always fun to head back to Canterbury and Nic and I rarely take much convincing to hop the train down there. I'll be at the store on Saturday, from around 11am to 4pm.

As far as the signing goes, I honestly don't know what to expect. The last gig I attended down there was very well attended, but then they had Laurence Campbell and Rob Williams signing for that one. Still, Stephen's recent success at the Forbidden Planet signing in Belfast was nothing short of spectacular, so who knows?

Speaking of Stephen, he's currently a guest at the 2D Northern Irish Comics Festival, which runs until Saturday the 6th. He's in good company for this one, as the festival also boasts Bryan Talbot, Glenn Fabry and David Lloyd (among many others) on its guest list. I'm looking forward to hearing how the event goes down.

That's about it for now. Back after the weekend with updates.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could be there but I'm teaching. Don't know if you'll match Stephen though, he did amazingly well.

    Have fun (I know you will).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah and humbug I was hoping there might have been an early update. I will go and sulk now.

    Hope it went well though.

    ReplyDelete

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html