Friday, 24 July 2009

Filed Under "Miscellaneous"

So we're heading up to the Isle of Wight for a signing at the Waterstone's in Newport this weekend. More than a signing, in fact, as Nic's going to be running a sort of workshop/portfolio review session there, scouting possible talent for future Insomnia projects. It's going to be an interesting experiment.

Meanwhile, I've been working out the kinks from the second chapter of The Indifference Engine. I've got some excellent concept art coming in from Robert Carey, but I'd better keep most of that under wraps for the moment. Stephen Downey's also been flooding my FTP server with Slaughterman's Creed pages, so Nic's hard at work on the lettering. I've been able to read the first twelve pages today, and I'm blown away by how well the art and lettering blend with the script.

Mel Cook, Cancertown and Indifference Engine colourist and artist of Insomnia's Cages graphic novel, has got her own blog set up. I'll add a link to the side of this page, but here's another one, just to be sure. Mel's contribution to the atmosphere of Cancertown was huge, so it's great to read what she has to say for herself.

Remember that possible Cancertown companion volume/sourcebook thing I hinted at a while back? Well, it's been officially confirmed that The Insomniac's Guide to Cancertown is on. I'll most likely be contributing a prequel story to the mix, along with background material, unseen art from Stephen and more. It'll be a lot like the bonus discs you get in some DVD packages, only in book form. Strictly limited numbers on this one, I'm told. I'll fill in the blanks as soon as I know more.

I'll leave you with a piece of Bryan Talbot news, on the off-chance that anyone's missed it. To ineptly butcher the immortal words of Short Round, "you call him Doctor Talbot, doll". The Grand Master of British comics has been awarded an honorary Doctorate of the Arts by the university of Sunderland. Congratulations are due - especially considering that this is the first time a comics creator has received such an honour.

That's about it for the moment. You take care, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html