Wednesday, 29 July 2009

Monster Island

Well, the Newport Waterstone's Cancertown signing and portfolio review mega-combo is now in the books, and everything went rather well. In addition to chatting with customers about my own work and comics in general, I got to eavesdrop as Nic looked through a number of promising story pitches. The event was covered by the local County Press, which unfortunately means my notoriously camera-unfriendly face will be cropping up all over the Isle of Wight in the next week or so. Fun times for all the family.

In other news, Ferret has finished work on her truly epic Cancertown quilt, titled "Bad Rain". She's laid out a blow-by-blow account of its construction over on her blog, and the piece will be on display in her gallery space at this August's Festival of Quilts at the Birmingham NEC. The Forbidden Planet blog has given Bad Rain a mention, with their blogger, Joe (I had a "Joe Blogs" pun all chambered up, but I think far too much of you to fire it in your direction), calling it "one of the more unusual and cooler comics inspired works I’ve seen recently!"

That's it for now. I've got some finishing touches to lay down on the next Indifference Engine script, but I'll be back around Friday with a long-awaited Harlan Falk update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html