Friday, 23 October 2009

Oh, God - Here We Go Again...


Yup, it's that time of year when otherwise sane, sensible, middle-aged men discover their Inner Awesome through the medium of cruelly revealing lycra leotards and giant foam-rubber gunblades. The London MCM Expo is back.

This gig has really grown on me over the last couple of years. I'm not exactly sure what that says about me, but there's something about the miraculous chaos of the expo that you just don't find anywhere else on the UK circuit. The diversity of life is phenomenal, the energy is unmatched and you get to spend two days clinging on by your fingernails in a feeding frenzy of unashamed, full-on fandom. If any proof were needed that the geek has inherited the Earth, then this is it.

As usual, I'll be wearing two hats this weekend. With Cancertown out and close to a dozen more books in preparation with Insomnia and Markosia, I'll be dividing my time between the two stands and generally trying to keep my head above the waterline. With a bit of luck, I'll be able to catch up with Dave Anthony Monteith and Barry Anthony Nugent (I know - weird coincidence, huh?) of the Geek Syndicate podcast, and anyone else I've got to know in my last few trips round the convention circuit.

If you're coming along and happen to spot me (or someone you think might be me), by all means say hi. I'm hoping to have some preview art from an upcoming book or two, and I'm still riding a high from the Sony PSP announcement, so I'm likely to be in a talkative mood.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html