Thursday, 28 January 2010

Cold Turkey

So, another week gone and my adventures in offline living continue. As an experience, being internet-free is very much like testing how long you can hold your breath. That is to say, it’s not nearly so much fun when you’re being forced to do it by circumstances beyond your control. Anyway, I’ve managed to poke my head above the waterline for a moment, so here goes:

The Cancertown: Blasphemous Tumours script is now basically complete in my head. The actual writing process may be slow until I get back online, as there’s a lot to be hammered out with Stephen Downey, but I at least know where it’s going and how it’s getting there. Through a complicated arrangement of levers and pulleys, Stephen has managed to get several more Slaughterman’s Creed pages to me and, having seen them, I’m gladder than ever to be working with him. I gather there’s a possibility of some additions to the Creed team in the pipeline, but I’ll leave Stephen to make any announcements that may arise there.

I’m also looking forward to getting back in touch with Rob Carey, Mel Cook, Scott James, Neil Van Antwerpen and Peter-David Douglas, all of whom have been forging ahead in my electronic absence. Thanks for your patience, guys.

Had a sort of impromptu housewarming party last weekend with Tet, Ferret, Ollie Masters and his girlfriend, Katy. Rock Band 2 seemed the appropriate response to the occasion, taking proper advantage of the fact that we’ve got no neighbours within fifty yards yet. Ollie spilled a few more details about his upcoming Insomnia book, Dead Goats, and I’m really on board with it.

Time’s up for now. Back whenever this farcical cascade of telecommunicative incompetence next allows it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html