Tuesday, 16 March 2010

In Like Flint

This is something intriguing and new for me. I've been approached by Insomnia Publications to work with the awesome Henry Flint on his upcoming art book for the company. I've been a freelance copywriter since forever, so this is pretty much my wheelhouse, but this is the first time in a while that I've had the opportunity to use my powers for good.

Henry Flint, for the benefit of any non-comics readers, is responsible for some truly staggering artwork. He has amassed credits in books from Vertigo, Wildstorm and Dark Horse - to say nothing of his truly epic body of 2000AD work. My job in all this will be to provide the text to go with the images, exploring the process from inspiration to final expression and doing my best to understand how a man with things like the image below in his head can somehow still function in an essentially rational world:

Watch this space for more announcements about Outsider Broadcast: The TV Doodles of Henry Flint. God, I fucking love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html