Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Metatextile Criticism

Been sitting on this for a week or so, waiting for Ferret to mention it over on her blog (it really isn't my news to break). Anyway, she's posted about it now, so here it is:


Ferret's "double-page bedspread" quilt, Bad Rain, has won the Judge's Choice award at the prestigious Sandown National Patchwork Championships. As anyone who's read this blog in the past will probably know already, Bad Rain is a textile rendition of a piece of Cancertown art, and it's drawn amazed attention everywhere it's been seen. Congratulations are due.


While I've got you here, we all know how kids love the great taste of Facebook, right? Well, I should probably mention that my learned colleague, Nic Wilkinson, has set up Facebook groups for Cancertown, The Case Files of Harlan Falk, The Ragged Man, Slaughterman's Creed and The Indifference Engine. All the latest news and updates will be posted there, so help yourselves.

1 comment:

  1. I was stunned at how popular it was at Sandown. Several people didn't even notice Herd Mentality which was hanging opposite it, and I thought that was my most popular quilt.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what new art work you have, and I really will have to get Stephen working on a wholecloth design for me. I've got a cunning plan and it might just work.

    ReplyDelete

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html