Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Throwing a Party in my Head


As reported on the thoroughly enjoyable and occasionally reliable Bleeding Cool, Neil Van Antwerpen and Peter-David Douglas' Dracula sequel, Harker (with words provided by some guy named Tony), has been optioned for a movie adaptation.

This, needless to say, is outstanding news. Congratulations to all involved.

Obviously, since Tony is a former editor of mine (and the man most directly responsible for landing me my first professional print comic gig) and Neil and Peter-David are working with me on The Ragged Man and an apparently ever-increasing list of new projects, I have a dog in this fight. However, I can say without fear of personal bias that this is, with a plus-or-minus 10% margin of error, the single most awesome thing ever.

Ideologically speaking, of course, I outright reject the concept that a comic requires translation into another medium to "legitimise" it in some way. In more practical terms, however, if a single person walks into a comic shop or checks a publisher's or creator's website as a result of seeing "based on the comic by..." flash past on a cinema screen then I mark it down in the "win" column.

So, in tribute to Neil and Peter-David, here's another quick snippet of Ragged Man artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html