Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Kill or Cure...

So now I find myself in the position of writing the final chapter of the final volume of Cancertown. With only a couple of dozen pages left, I'm torn between wrestling this turbulent story into a graceful landing or simply thundering it full-force into the tarmac and doing my best to leap clear of the wreck.

Obviously, the still-unclear situation with Insomnia casts a needlessly long shadow over the book's future, but while we're all playing another spirited round of Wait-and-See I guess I'll keep writing and see where it gets me.

Just got to remember to land with my knees bent. Tuck and roll...

2 comments:

  1. I'd have thought the hit the tarmac jump clear option was more in keeping, but who knows you may have changed direction :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was explaining to someone a couple of days ago, the experience of writing Cancertown 2 has been very much like Bugs Bunny stepping out of a plummeting elevator car half a second before it impacts at terminal velocity.

    ReplyDelete

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html