Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Pulling Focus

I've been a bit quiet and distant for the last week, I know. Don't worry, it's nothing you've done. I'm just really busy right now recording the commentary track for the upcoming re-release of Cancertown on PSP. It's been almost twenty years since I last spent any amount of time recording and cutting audio, and the technology has moved on a bit (like almost anything else worth doing in the 90s, sound editing actually involved razor blades and sticky tape the last time I had to do it). Anyway, my skill set has been updated and I'll hopefully be finished tinkering with the PSP files in the next week or so.

In the meantime, I should quickly point out that Cancertown co-conspirator, Stephen Downey, has opened up a shop on his website. He's got some cool prints on there already, so it's definitely work checking out.

So, on a recent trip to Canterbury, I made what I strongly suspect is a significant discovery. That discovery goes by the name of Aaron Moran, and I can honestly say that his art style is literally unlike anything I've seen before. I'm not alone in that assessment, either, as virtually identical words came out of Markosia Big Boss Harry Markos' mouth when I showed him a few samples at BICS this year. Take a look, and keep in mind that this is all hand drawn:




Aaron is currently working with me and two other writer/artist teams on Focal Point, a crime book that's in the works right now. I'm guessing that, once word about him gets out, he's suddenly going to find himself in great demand. Watch this space, and see some more of his samples on his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html