Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Following the Creed...

With Slaughterman's Creed #1 hitting the Sony PlayStation Network tomorrow, I find myself still having a hard time believing it's all actually happening.

The past few years have been pretty much a blur for me. From Starship Troopers to Cancertown, The Indifference Engine and now Slaughterman's Creed I've been consistently staggered by the experience of working in comics. In terms of the people I've met and the opportunities I've been given, I can honestly say it's been everything I could have hoped for and a lot more than I had any right to expect.

I'm still very much at the stage where I'm confronted with "firsts" at every turn. Slaughterman's Creed, for example, was the first project I ever pitched in person (at full volume in the dining area off the main hall of a busy convention), and represented a first opportunity to work with the fantastic team of Vicky Stonebridge and Andy Brown on colours and inks. It's my first straight-up crime book, albeit with a strong horror aesthetic threaded through it. The experience of writing it and watching it come together was every bit as exhilarating as it had been on my earliest gigs. In fact, I think if I ever lost that sensation of taking first steps at every turn I'd probably jack the whole thing in and go back to whatever the Hell it was I was doing with my time before.

So, yeah - Slaughterman's Creed #1 goes up on the PSP download store on the 2nd of March, with an audio commentary from me. Sony, Markosia and the whole creative team have gone well beyond the call in getting this book out there, and I'm really excited about the launch.

Of course, I've still got the release of the trade paperback edition in May to look forward to - which will be the first time I've actually had a table at a convention dedicated entirely to a book I've worked on.

Every step takes me somewhere I've never been before - and that's really what comics are all about for me.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Cy. I'm looking forward to picking up the book in May. That and more Cancertown. And Indifference Engine. Am I missing anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to everyone involved. You should all be very proud.

    ReplyDelete

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html