Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Podcast Round-Up

So here's the thing. Over the last two years I've been forced to become accustomed to listening to the sound of my own voice. Between podcast interviews and audio commentaries for Cancertown and Slaughterman's Creed, there's actually a surprising (even hazardous) amount of my voice out there. As it happens, a couple of fresh examples have cropped up recently.

On the 2nd of March, I was a guest on the Comic Book Outsiders podcast, where I had the opportunity to talk about Slaughterman's Creed and a few other projects. This was my second time on the show, and I had a great time. You can find the episode on the CBO website.

After that, I horned in briefly on Wayne Hall's new show, Wayne's Comics. I first met Wayne through the SFP-Now site and, in addition to having probably the coolest voice in comics journalism, he's got a strong interest in both the classic and more out-there branches of the industry. I got to talk about that upcoming Fallen Heroes one-shot, spinning off from Barry Nugent's adventure novel, and to give my early thoughts on Dwight L. MacPherson's Indie Comic Alliance initiative - which is something I'll probably be raving on about here very soon. Anyway, you can find the episode over on the SFP-Now site if you fancy a listen.

Slaughterman's Creed got a blazing review on the outstanding Comic Cast show, as a very excited Stephen Downey reported to me yesterday. I can honestly say that this was the first time a review of one of my books has actually had me laughing out loud. All reviewers should explode their way through reviews with this level of energy! Check the episode out on their site.

In fact, their insightful guess at what "Cy" is short for has me chuckling too much to concentrate on typing, so I'll just leave it there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html