Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Interviews!

Well, with this year's Bristol International Comic and Small Press Expo getting closer, it's getting pretty busy around here. The theme for this past week turns out to have been interviews, which I think I might finally be getting the hang of.

First up is a guest spot I recorded on Wayne Hall's Wayne's Comics podcast. Wayne was cool enough to let me plug the upcoming re-release of Cancertown in trade paperback format, and to blast his listeners with a faceful of rage over the frankly shameful treatment certain uninformed knuckle-fuckers have given Stephen Coffey and his Society for the Remarkable Suicide co-creators due to a total inability to look into what the book was actually about. I've gone on about this in at least one previous post, so I won't rehash it all here, but thanks are due to Wayne for letting me get the word out about a book that deserves promotion and a creative team that deserves respect. You can hear my take on the whole thing on Wayne's latest episode.

On top of that, the interview I recently recorded with Decapitated Dan Royer is now live. This was my first time talking to Dan, and it was a lot of fun. We covered Cancertown, Slaughterman's Creed and even Starship Troopers - along with my influences, inspirations and several other topics designed to make me sound a lot more professional than I actually am. Feel free to listen in.

Now, on to the main event - in which I switch from interviewee to interviewer and ambush my collaborative partner and reason for breathing, Nic Wilkinson, for comicbitsonline. Nic has had a creative hand in virtually every book and story I've ever written - as either artist, letterer or both. Along the way, she's also become well respected in indie publishing circles as a marketing expert. The interview focuses primarily on her lettering work, and covers a lot of her attitudes and approaches to the job of bringing script and art together.

Seriously, go and take a look at that. I'll see you on the other side.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting podcast - interested to know what the 'hate mail received by the previous writer' on STARSHIP TROOPERS was though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - is that you, Tony? :D

    That comment was in reference to the guy you used to talk about who would send you incredibly long emails about where he thought you were "going wrong."

    ReplyDelete

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html