Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Resumption of Services

Back from an extraordinarily relaxing week off. I really should do that more often. Maybe I could organise some sort of replacment bus service equivalent for the blog...

So, updates:

Well, for one thing, an interview I did with PM Buchan for the Scream Magazine website went live last week. This was particularly cool for me as a big-time horror fan, and actually featured the single best question I've ever been asken in an interview. If you fancy a read, feel free.

I've been asked to pitch in a story for Martin Conaghan's Overload anthology, so I've been kicking some thoughts around with my Focal Point collaborator, Aaron Moran. Aaron's style, as I've previously noted, is totally unlike anything else I've seen, so it ought to be a fun project.

I'm within pissing distance of a completed first draft of Henry Flint's Broadcast art book. This book has been screwing my head completely around on a regular basis, so I'm really psyched to see how it looks when the text and images are combined.

For the last month or so, I've been standing on the sidelines of a really interesting Twitter experiment, and now I've been given a chance to get my hands dirty on it myself. Artist and actor, Stewart Moore, has been writing a multiple-reality comic, scripting one panel/page at a time, then releasing it onto Twitter to be interpreted by any artists prepared to take a run at it. The various strips are then collated on a website, forming a story told in parallel by dozens of contributors, each with their own individual take on it. I've been invited to take on the sixth sequence of this experiment, and if the results so far are anything to go by, it ought to be quite an adventure. More soon on this.

In non-Cy news, Ryan Dodd's surreal slice-of-life comic, Hippy Jonny, is scheduled for release on July the 31st by Tabella Publishing. I saw a preview of this a while back and it's always cool to see new talent getting coverage from the likes of Forbidden Planet. Ryan has set up a website for the book, and previews and pre-orders are available now.

...and I'm gone again.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a relaxing break. Stewart Moore's Atwomic is really interesting, looking forward to what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html