Friday, 12 August 2011

I Prefer the Term "Research"

If imitation truly is the sincerest form of flattery, then I'm about to flatter the ever-loving, blue-eyed Hell out of Simon Wyatt by "imitating" a substantial portion of one of his recent blog posts below:

[Plagiarism]
After a brief hiatus (due to recovering from a recurring back injury) I'm back on the blog with some wonderful, amazing, nay 'Unbelievable' news!

These are exciting times for me, not only am I involved in a myriad of projects but my graphic novel Unbelievable: The Man Who Ate Daffodils is due to be published soon (just 51 days to go) and is available for pre-order now!

Here are the details!
Diamond Previews #275 Page 222
Order Number: AUG110740

This 160 page monster is scheduled for release on October 1st 2011 (just in time for Halloween), and is also available to pre-order from Markosia's own website and from the following retailers:

Amazon
Waterstones
WHSmith
Blackwells

Here's the ISBN: 1905692609

You can also read the first 30 pages in this exclusive preview Myebook - Unbelievable - The Man Who Ate Daffodils

It's been a long time coming, having initially spawned the idea for the story 7 years ago (!) and it's been a hell of a journey getting to this point, there have been highs and considerable lows and without going into great detail I must say the proof is in the publishing and I'm so, so glad Unbelievable has found its place in Markosia's stable of titles.


I'll be updating soon with dates for signings, book launch etc, so stay tuned as I also plan a competition to launch the book with some of the original comic art and signed concept sketches as prizes!
[/Plagiarism]

The alert reader will have already noted that I have a sizeable dog in this fight. Simon Wyatt is currently drawing a script of mine for an upcoming Markosia graphic novel called Phantom Lung & the Garden of Dead Liars (both this and Unbelievable having letters by Nic Wilkinson). A few pieces of concept art from this have already snaked their way onto the internet, and I'm looking forward to being able to show more...

...and with that mostly stolen blog, I'm gone. I finished writing the third chapter of White Knuckle today so I've got psychological batteries to recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html