Friday, 21 October 2011

Scratching an Itch Part #1: Cancertown Commentaries

It's always sort of nagged at me that the people who bought the original Insomnia Publications release of Cancertown: An Inconvenient Tooth from the Sony PSP store, and who were therefore fundamentally responsible for the way-out-of-proportion success the book had on that platform, got sort of left out when it was re-released under the Markosia banner. For the Markosia edition, Stephen Downey and I were able to record creator commentary tracks that played while the book was being read. It was a really good system, and it stuck in my throat a bit that the original supporters of the comic missed out.

So, just recently, I was organising some shit on my computer and realised I still had the audio files we submitted to Sony. I've been pooling opinions on the best way to get these out there, but for the moment I reckon the path of least fucking-about is to stick the commentaries up on a public Dropbox and invite anyone with any version of the book (digital or physical) to download them for nothing. I'll start with the ones I recorded myself, as I'll need to double-check with Stephen which page each of his clips refers to.

I basically just recorded one clip for each page of the book, so it ought to be pretty easy to work out how it all fits together.

If anyone's interested, the first set of files are here, with more to follow as I locate, organise and upload them:

Cancertown Commentary Chapter 1 (21Mb mp3 zip)
Cancertown Commentary Chapter 2 (25Mb mp3 zip)
Cancertown Commentary Chapter 3 (23Mb mp3 zip)
Cancertown Commentary Chapter 4 (22Mb mp3 zip)
Cancertown Commentary Chapter 5 (24Mb mp3 zip)
Cancertown Commentary Chapter 6 (21Mb mp3 zip)

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html