Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Thubble 2012

As I write this, I'm just two days from heading up to Leeds for the Thought Bubble convention. This is only the second time I've had a table of my own at the Bubble, and I've got two more full-length books and a couple of anthology stories to my name since the last one. All in all, it's been a good year.

Nic and I'll be set up on table 15 in the New Dock Hall venue, about half-way down on the left-hand side, judging from the floor plan. We'll have as many copies of Cancertown 2 as we can carry (which won't be many as we're coming by train) and very limited numbers of White Knuckle, Slaughterman's Creed, The Indifference Engine and the first volume of Cancertown. As always, we'll be running various bundle deals on all the books.

I've always had great experiences at Thought Bubble. This time around, in addition to spending as much time as possible on the table with Nic Wilkinson and Cancertown 2 colourist, Pete Mason, I'll be appearing on the Unseen Shadows panel (Sunday 12:10 - 1pm in the Alea Cinema Room) with Barry Nugent and a cross-section of the creators involved in his blossoming transmedia empire. Speaking of which, Barry's launching his new Tales of the Forgotten anthology at the convention, featuring The Immaculate Abortion of Dina Leigh, a short story that re-unites me with my White Knuckle collaborator, Valia Kapadai.

Over the weekend, I'll also be spazzing around trying to track down the various artists I'm currently developing projects with. Food and sleep will be secondary and tertiary considerations, respectively.

So, if you're going to Thought Bubble, stop by table 15 and say hi. If you don't know me, pretend you do and you'll probably find I'll do the same.

Failing that, I'll see you on the other side...

No comments:

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html