Wednesday, 4 September 2013

The Colouring of Killers

Time for some Company of Killers colours, courtesy of newly captured colourist, Darren Brown. I was introduced to Darren by the book's co-creator, Peter Mason, and if you've seen Pete's colouring work on Cancertown 2 then you can gauge the scale of the endorsement implied when he personally recommends someone to colour his art.

The Company of Killers is going to require two separate, entirely different colouring styles. I don't want to go into the specifics about that just yet, but I will say that I was pretty sceptical about the chances of finding a single colourist who'd be comfortable working that way.



Darren's spectacular run at the test pages seen here blew those doubts away at first glance, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he and Pete navigate the largest, and arguably most artistically demanding, story I've ever written.

More on this book as and when I can talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google0d3d5d05cce73118.html